10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
(Friday, October 28, 2005)
BON JOVI filmed a VIDEO for the song WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME this past Tuesday and Wednesday (October 25 and 26) in North Philadelphia. We've got a slew of pictures that we'll begin sharing here on К нашему глубокому сожалению, гости не могут просматривать ссылки.
Зарегистрируйтесь или Войдите
Here's some of the behind-the-scenes info:
1. ANTHONY M. BONGIOVI was the director. Tony is Jon Bon Jovi's younger brother who will be out on the road again supervising and directing all the video elements you'll see out on the big screens on stage.
2. WEATHER IS A CHALLENGE. The videoshoot for this song was originally scheduled for October 6 and 7 in Philadelphia however, due to heavy rains and winds, the shoot was postponed to later in the month. Ironically, the night before the new shoot date and the first day on set, it was windy, rainy, muddy and overall miserable... but it didn't put a damper on the set. And by Wednesday, the sun was shining, the sky was blue and everyone was scrambling for their shades. (Towards the end of the day, dark clouds began to roll in and the band waited between sunshowers to do the last set up...)
3. USA - THIS IS THE SECOND SINGLE. WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME will be the second single off of the album in the United States and Canada. There will be TWO VERSIONS that are sent to radio. Country radio will get the DUET version featuring JENNIFER NETTLES of SUGARLAND sharing lead vocals with JBJ. Everyone else will be the standard version (Bon Jovi only) although the radio edit will match the track length of the country version (i.e. there is a small section of lyric cut out from the album version.) There will be TWO versions of the video edited to be serviced to CMT and GAC vs. standard music channels.
4. JENNIFER NETTLES was on set on Tuesday. Jennifer did all her solo shots early in the day... then joined and did the shots with the band in the afternoon. A great sport in the rain, there was a lot of joking around on the set and we're sure when you get to see the video, you'll see just how much fun everyone had.
5. THE MEDIA SHOWED UP - there was plenty of coverage of this videoshoot and the Habitat for Humanity element that was tied in... JBJ and 5 players from The Philadelphia Soul were live on The Today Show on Wednesday AM... JBJ filmed an interview with MSNBC's Rita Cosby... PEOPLE magazine was on set all day and spoke with Jon, Richie, the family getting the home and also took photos (that issue of PEOPLE hit stands TODAY)... local TV crews, Extra, Viacom... lots of photos were taken and they'll be loaded up here at К нашему глубокому сожалению, гости не могут просматривать ссылки.
Зарегистрируйтесь или Войдите
-- but make sure to look online at the syndicated sites and newswires for images as well... Jon Bon Jovi and his players also pre-taped ESPN Hollywood interviews and promo spots... all the event sponsors and partners in the build got photos with the band... so this story has legs and you'll see it turn up in the media (as you already have and it's just 48 hours after the video wrapped!.)
6. PINSTRIPING - when you see the video, you'll see a vintage truck covered in pinstriping... KOBBIE is the man. Not only did he do the work on the truck that was borrowed for the videoshoot, he also pinstriped Tico's drum set for the tour, one of Richie's guitars, a few of Richie's effects pedals and Obie O'Brien's '32 Deuce Coup Hot Rod which was featured on the cover of Rod & Custom.
7. BON JOVI & CREAM -- Here's the situation. You're a rock star. Your band is filming a video in North Philadelphia. It's not suppoed to wrap until 6pm... but you have tickets to see the show of the century: the CREAM reunion concert at Madison Square Garden that night and the band goes onstage at 8:30pm? What a dilemma... what do you do? TAKE THE AMTRAK ACELA! Yep ... TICO TORRES, DAVID BRYAN and RICHIE SAMBORA all got on the Acela train from Philadelphia to New York City and headed upstairs to the concert! All aboard!!!!
8. THE PHILADELPHIA SOUL team members were a part of the build. Jon Bon Jovi put his players to work - especially his new players! SOUL team members from the start, KEITA CRISPINA and SEAN SCOTT were on the set but so were four new guys: #24 - REGGIE DOSTER, #5 - J.J. McKELVEY, #96 = E.J. BURT and #11 - MIKE BROWN. And they're all from the South originally so the cold snap in the northeast was like being hazed!! All the guy stuck around the set all day - they had their own trailer - and were there from the Today Show live feed - throughout the shoot, working on the house - and then there for the final crowd BBQ scenes. And they almost stole the show from the band! For pictures of the Soul on set, please visit К нашему глубокому сожалению, гости не могут просматривать ссылки.
Зарегистрируйтесь или Войдите
9. PIERRE ROBERT of Philadelphia's WMMR visited the set on Wednesday. He did a long interview with the Bon Jovi cameras (more on that news in the weeks to come...) but also chatted with the band for his show. For those of you unfamiliar with Pierre, he's a radio legend, a longtime friend of the band and he wrote the introduction to the band's 2004 box set booklet.
10. WEDNESDAY was BON JOVI only (no Jennifer Nettles.) The band did set ups in Habitat for Humanity houses in various stages of construction... and a finale set up out at a block party. Hamburgers, hotdogs, corn... all the fixings of a BBQ (despite the 40-degree weather!) The video crew and production began tearing everything down and moving everything... but at least the most important element of the shoot remains: the 2 two-story homes built for 4 families. (*Please note, the location of the homes has not been made public as the videoshoot was not open to the public.) At a later date, we can let you know where the finished house is... but we'd like to keep that under wraps for the time being while work is completed.
** When the video debuts, we'll try and share more information fed to us from the set... but until we know what is in the final edit, not much more detail just yet!